CCNP Routing and Switching – ROUTE
Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE)
CCNP Routing and Switching
Routing & Switching is the mainstay of Cisco training courses and career advancement. Routing & Switching concepts underpin most of the network technology in use today.
Understanding networking is fundamental to designing, implementing, managing, analyzing, and troubleshooting networking issues and preventing the downtime which is so bad for business.
CCNP Routing and Switching training provides the networking professional with the knowledge to successfully manage enterprise-level networks.
This 5-day course is one of three which prepare students for the Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) – Routing & Switching certification exams.
ROUTE Training for CCNP Wireless Certification
- Describe routing protocols, different remote connectivity options and their impact on routing and implement RIPng
- Configure EIGRP in IPv4 and IPv6 environment
- Configure OSPF in IPv4 and IPv6 environment
- Implement route redistribution using filtering mechanisms
- Implement path control using policy-based routing and IP SLA
- Implement enterprise Internet connectivity
- Secure Cisco routers according to best practices and configure authentication for routing protocols
- Describing network fundamentals
- Establishing Internet and WAN connectivity (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Managing network device security
- Operating a medium-sized LAN with multiple switches, supporting VLANs, trunking, and spanning tree
- Troubleshooting IP connectivity (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Configuring and troubleshooting EIGRP and OSPF (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Configuring devices for SNMP, Syslog, and NetFlow access
- Managing Cisco device configurations, Cisco IOS images, and licenses
- CCNA Routing and Switching
Exam Required for CCNP Certification
Cisco 300-101 ROUTE
Proctored exam: 120 minutes (45-65 questions)
Exam proctor: PearsonVUE
Also required for CCNP Routing and Switching certification:
300-115 SWITCH and
ROUTE Course Outline
ROUTE includes major updates and follows an updated blueprint. However, note that this course does not cover all items listed on the blueprint. Some older topics have been removed or simplified, while several new IPv6 routing topics have been added.
Course content has been adapted to Cisco IOS software release 15 and technically updated.
Course also introduces new type of labs, called discovery labs. Discovery labs are instructor-guided lab through which student explores new topics in an interactive way. All labs are developed only as virtual labs.
- Module 1: Basic Network and Routing Concepts
- Module 2: EIGRP Implementation
- Module 3: OSPF Implementation
- Module 4: Configuration of Redistribution
- Module 5: Path Control Implementation
- Module 6: Enterprise Internet Connectivity
- Module 7: Routers and Routing Protocol Hardening